EPCOT 35 Thoughts
What is it about EPCOT that makes your face tingle to the point of smiling?
1. The classic entrance music.
2. The fountains.
3. That shade of purple that’s only possible when nightfall hits Future World.
4. The Figment of your Imagination.
5. Those trips when Mousegear has better merch than the Emporium.
6. Turning up the speed on Test Track.
7. The memory of Horizons.
8. The lesson of dreaming it & doing it.
9. Punishing yourself with the Italian variety of Coca Cola.
10. The first time you went on Soarin’ and your instructions from Patrick Warburton connected you to your sense of child like play.
11. The simplicity of The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends somehow doing the trick.
12. Having visited Turtle Talk more times than Animal Kingdom.
13. The French pastries.
14. ‘Midtown’ UK, the most underrated of World Showcase pavilion immersions.
15. The International Gateway to the EPCOT resorts; wings at the ESPN Club or a shake at Beaches & Cream.
16. Mitsuokoshi subliminally telling you to learn the shamisen and to change your decor.
17. How for a few seconds of every hibachi experience you have you transport yourself to Teppan Edo.
18. Knowing that fettuccine alfredo was ruined forever because you had it when the Italy pavilion’s main restaurant was Alfredo’s and you were eleven.
19. How it took until number 19 to mention drinking around the world.
20. When the debate is so great about having a beer either at Germany or the UK because you’re not drinking around the world.
21. How in the late 90’s, I would order Nine Dragons take out because this New Yorker could not tolerate ANY Chinese food in Orlando.
22. Watching Illuninations from the top of the Mexico pavilion (state secret).
23. How the original Illumnations made me this manager at a classical music hall a classical music lover.
24. How your daughter’s first attraction will be the Gran Fiesta Toir with The Three Caballeros, even though it’s still El Rio de Tempo The River of Time to you.
26. How the loss of the post Maelstrom film power nap was sometimes more important than the Universe of Energy drool fest.
27. Mexico.Pavilion. Margarita. Frozen.
28. Glancing over at the Odyssey Restaurant and brainstorming how they could reopen it someday.
29. Praying in those last 30 seconds of Mission: Space that you don’t get sick.
30. Where you can isolate all the noise around you and just listen to the monorail circumnavigating the park.
31. Traveling back in time on Spaceship Earth.
32. The birth of theatre in Greece.
33. The burning of Rome (and that weird projected chariot turning the corner so haphazardly).
34. Standing in the middle of the Sistine Chapel at The Vatican and saying, ‘behold the majesty of the Sistine Ceiling’ like Walter Cronkite narrated in 1988.
35. Being Tomorrow’s Child and the Future was born today… born today.
You have one? Comment below or tweet us @DillosDiz!